Movement of Dangerous Goods Course
Training of all Persons involved in the Carriage of Dangerous Goods
Legal Requirements: The Health and Safety Executive in line with current regulations require that all persons employed, such as drivers who do not require the ADR Certificate, loaders and unloaders, packers, warehouse staff, fork lift drivers and office staff whose duties concern the carriage of dangerous goods, shall receive training in the requirements governing the carriage of such goods appropriate to their responsibilities.
To meet this requirement Chemfreight DGT Ltd can carry out these courses either at our training centres or at suitable company locations. The duration of the course is 1-day.
- General Awareness Training, covering the general requirements of the regulations for the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Function-specific Training, commensurate and detailed training regarding duties and responsibilities.
- Safety training, commensurate with the degree of risk of injury or exposure arising from an accident involving the carriage of dangerous goods, including loading and unloading. Hazardous awareness of the specific goods that are to be handled.
The outline program is
- The UN system for the identification and classification of dangerous goods.
- The dangers of the UN Classes.
- Detailed information from labels, data sheets, and Instructions in Writing.
- Safe containment in packages, IBCs, and tanks.
- Safe handling, and the action to take in the event of spillage or loss.
- Personal protection, and emergency decontamination.
- Fire, and fire prevention.
- Essentials of the National and International Transport Regulations.
- Package marking and labelling.
- Vehicle marking and equipment.
- Documentation for domestic, ferry, and ADR journeys.
All personnel will receive an aide-memoir booklet containing all the relevant information and also a Chemfreight Certificate upon successful completion of an examination. This will be required to be kept by the individual and a copy can be taken by the employer as required by the Health & Safety Regulations.
Chemfreight DGT are Quality Assured to ISO 9001-2000
Please contact us on 01928 580505 or email@example.com
- First ADR driver training provider in UK to be approved by the
Department for Transport
- Dangerous goods training and consultancy for over 37 years
- Mobile National & International training specialist
- Bespoke training courses available upon request
- Explosive & Radioactive training provider
- Manegement/Operator CPC training & examination centre
01928 580 505
Please fill in the details and we'll get back to you